I have two men in my life, my husband and my son. Ok, one of them can’t be called a man but he will soon grow to be one 😜 I know many moms or wives who say their blog or business works out thanks to the support of their spouses or family. What about those woman who don’t get that kind of support? Come on, do we really need men to help us get through with what we dream of? Can we blame them for not being there for us?
I’m one of those moms who can’t get support/help all the time as my husband is a Marine Engineer and is busy traveling for work and I can’t expect that from him as its impossible! I don’t blame him as he has a million things to bother/think about at work and if I go yapping about how unsupportive he is, then I’m not the kind of wife he would want, period! I’m just happy he takes some time to read my blog posts even if it isn’t something he would like to do on a weekend. If you have read my previous post on how Hyperactive my son was, you would know it wasn’t easy taking care of my son when he was a toddler but I’m thankful to God for everything and I’m able to take things positively and don’t stress out.
I know I know! you might be thinking why I’m being too nice to my hubby, am I bribing him for a new dress or a new handbag 😂 But seriously that’s not my aim or intention when I write this post as I believe such things can be bought at any point in your life. I don’t believe in making this post sound all cheesy about how to improve your relationship nor complain about husbands. This post is something you weren’t expecting. I’m sure, its difficult to remain sane in your marriage especially when you don’t get support. I know ladies who wish they had a supporting hubby, who could understand why they are doing this in the first place. Don’t lose hope, it isn’t always important to have someone to support you all the time, to do what you love or what you’re passionate about!
Having said that, when I’m stressed and lost these are a few things, I tell to myself to keep me sane when I don’t get support
- I just pretend like I have to do it no matter what! This is me and I need it more than anyone. My dreams can be built only by me and I can’t keep crying for help just because I’m lazy to do what I’m capable of.
- I keep telling myself, that I’m not alone, there are many mommies who are in the same boat as me!
- I’m fortunate to have a spouse, think about the single moms who have to do everything on their own! Hats off to them, I really don’t know how they do it!
- I take this as an opportunity to showcase my talents and what I’m capable of when I have very few options left. That makes me feel good and content no matter what I go through.
- I want other moms to be inspired and not give up even if they don’t get their spouse support as it’s not about who helps you or not, it’s about how you manage doing it all on your own.
- I always compare myself to my mom who single-handedly took care of me and my 2 younger siblings without complaining. My dad had a very stressful job and I remember how my mom never got help. When I compare my life with my mom, I’m so very lucky! I know, times were different but my mom did an excellent job in bringing us up and I can’t thank her enough for all the hard work and dedication she put in, teaching ,feeding and being there for us always.
- I’m glad I could be independent and headstrong even during tough situations as I wouldn’t have been that way if I had people to help/support me all the time.
The above can be helpful but only if you have a positive mind and attitude. Positivity is very important in today’s world as you only come across negativity everywhere and every time. Don’t let negativity creep into your mind or life as it spoils everything!
Today I don’t complain about my life, since only I can change the way I look at things but not the situation. I was reading a lot about relationships on the Internet and I couldn’t find anything right in articles that say about including your husband in decision-making for instance. What if your husband is stuck on an island without Internet or phone and you have to take an important decision? (Yes, this scenario did happen to me in the past. My husband had gone to Iran offshore for his rig installation job and had to be on an island with the ship crew as the weather was bad and he had no access to a satellite phone or Internet 😔) Do you still wait for him to be there to support or listen to your decision or go ahead and do what you think is the right thing to do if he wasn’t around?
I find it funny reading these relationship advice on different websites as I don’t find it practical 🙄. You need to consider the situation of every couple to take in such advice, as it’s different for everyone. Actually such websites make every solution sound so easy but in reality it isn’t. Do what you think is right. Nothing else actually helps!
Next time you think you have no support/ help in your life , be happy as you are the boss of your life and you CAN do things no matter what the situation demands!